Terms & Conditions
Whitings delivery is a family run business that pride themselves on a friendly and reliable service. However some circumstances are out of our control so please read the following terms and conditions below which you accept upon making a booking.
1. All goods are insured with our Goods in transit and public liability insurance.
2. Cleared payment in full is required before any item will be delivered.
3. Non-payment may result in items being sold to recover costs.
4. 24 hours notice is required for cancellations otherwise a fee of 30% of the quoted price will occur.
5. All quotes are based on there being help to load and unload if required. If I need to provide another person to help, the quoted price will increase at a rate of £25 per hour.
6. There are no hidden costs or charges, the price quoted is the price that you will pay.
7. Unless agreed in advance all items must be disconnected, unplumbed, dismantled.
8. We are not trained in gas or plumbing so a professional must do this for you before we arrive.
9. Please make sure fridges and freezers are fully defrosted and emptied before removal.
10. We do not wrap and pack unless agreed beforehand, there is a separate charge for this.
11. Make sure you are ready to move when we arrive please see points 7, 8, 9 ,10.
12. We are not liable for delays in transport which occur due to traffic delays or weather.
13. We are not liable for delays due to either customer not being ready for collection/delivery.
14. Verbal or threatening behaviour will not be tolerated. If our driver is forced to leave the job because of abuse from the customer, payment in full will still be required.
15. Make sure any items that are packed into boxes are adequately protected for transport.
16. The customer is responsible to make sure items will fit through doorways and into rooms. If the item does not fit payment will still be required.
17. The driver needs to be aware of any steps, stairways, alleyways or anything else that may be a hazard or impair delivery.
18. Any visible loss or damage must be notified at the point of delivery.
19. Any monies that go through our bank account to be forwarded (eg auction sales) a 5% surcharge will apply
20. We respect your right to privacy and are committed to maintaining it. We only collect, store and process your personal information in accordance with the relevant laws and regulations.
Personal Information that we collect:
Collection and Delivery addresses
We do not store any data on the website.
The information is used to allow us to carry out our contract with you.
We do not retain any payment details.
We will store your details for up to 5 years after completing our contract, where required by law we may retain your details for longer.
Whiting’s delivery will not pass your details on to any third parties.
We would like to occasionally contact you by email with current offers. If you opt in and then change your mind at any time please contact email@example.com and we will remove you from our email list.